Monday, March 27, 2006

Hiking Table Mt.


So there were massive forest fires on Table Mt about two months ago. As you can see, some things managed to survive but it looked pretty stark.

This is Jenifer about halfway up. I want you all to appriciate how high up that is. And steep. Thank you very much.

When we finally made it to the top it was more than worth it.

Mom always used to lecture me about having proper hiking attire. Which obviously I didnt.

This is the veiw looking down at cape town from the top of Table Mt. You can see lions head peak and then beyond it, Robbin Island.

We only brought the nessesitys. Like water. And stuffed animals.

We are observed by a rock Dassie. Rock dassies jump incredibly fast as this one did heading right for me, just after this picture was taken. They are actually more closely related to elephants than rodents. And did I say they jump? At you?

Brandy befriends a Dassie. I am hiding behind Jennifer to take this picture. I dont know why they were so creepy. Really they are just hoppy guinnie pigs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home